Cough Lung Tonic Liquid contains white horehound, which is traditionally used to relieve dry coughs in Western herbal medicine. It also includes thyme, traditionally known as an expectorant for easing coughing and mild upper respiratory tract congestion in Western herbal medicine.
Features and benefits
Fusion Cough Lung Tonic contains:
- White horehound, traditionally taken to ease dry coughs in Western herbal medicine
- Thyme, traditionally used as an expectorant, and to reduce coughing and mild upper respiratory tract congestion in Western herbal medicine
- Elecampane, traditionally used as a lung tonic in Western herbal medicine
- Chinese licorice, traditionally taken to relieve coughs and clear phlegm in Chinese medicine
- Also available as Cough Lung Tonic capsules
- Can be taken with Fusion Cold & Flu Liquid to help reduce the severity and duration of cold symptoms, according to Western herbal medicine
How it works
White horehound: traditionally used to relieve dry coughs in Western herbal medicine
Expectorants are medicines that help to expel respiratory mucus from the body.
White horehound is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine as an expectorant to relieve dry coughs, as well as to relieve spasms (which might sometimes occur when you have a cough).
Thyme: traditionally taken to ease coughs in Western herbal medicine
Thyme also belongs to the expectorant class of herbal medicines; it’s traditionally used to relieve mild upper respiratory tract congestion and cough, as well as symptoms of the common cold in Western herbal medicine.
Elecampane: traditionally known as a lung tonic in Western herbal medicine
In Western herbal medicine, elecampane is traditionally used to enhance lung health, and as an expectorant to relieve mild bronchial coughs and soothe irritated bronchial airways.
Chinese licorice: enhances lung health in traditional Chinese medicine
Chinese licorice is traditionally taken to moisten the lungs as a lung tonic to relieve productive coughs and sore throat in Chinese medicine.
Fusion Cough Lung Tonic Liquid also features the Chinese herbs houttuynia, balloonflower, aster and stemona.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.