Features and benefits
- High-potency vitamin C to support healthy immune system function and support the immune system in fighting illness
- Combines three different forms of ascorbate (vitamin C), including calcium ascorbate, which is gentler on the stomach than ascorbic acid alone
- Contains zinc glycinate, which is highly bioavailable and more readily absorbed than some other forms of zinc, such as zinc sulfate
- Also contains elderflower extract equivalent to 600mg dried flowers per chewable tablet
- Delicious elderberry flavour, sweetened with monk fruit, xylitol and thaumatin
- Vegan formula
How it works
Each chewable tablet of Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced provides a total of 1000mg vitamin C from three different sources: ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate and sodium ascorbate. By blending ascorbic acid with non-acidic forms of vitamin C, the formula is buffered to be gentler on the stomach than ascorbic acid alone.
Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced also contains zinc glycinate, a form of zinc that’s more readily available to the body than some other forms of zinc, such as zinc sulfate.
In Fusion Vitamin C 1000 Advanced, these nutrients are accompanied by elderflower extract (equivalent to 600mg of the dried flowers per chewable tablet). The tablets are flavoured with elderberry, and are sweetened with monk fruit, xylitol and thaumatin.
Vitamin C, zinc and immune system function
The immune system consists of a complex array of organs and cells that work together to help defend the body against infections and certain other health problems.
Both vitamin C and zinc provide nutritional support for the healthy functioning of the immune system. When illness is present, vitamin C also supports the immune system in fighting it.
Antioxidant properties of vitamin C and zinc
As antioxidants, zinc and vitamin C reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, which may occur as a result of normal cellular metabolism or environmental exposure (e.g. pollution exposure).
Vitamin C and collagen
Vitamin C is required by the body to support the manufacture of collagen, a form of connective tissue.
Along with zinc, vitamin C also supports the body’s wound healing capacity.